Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Revelation

Sometimes revelations can come in strange forms. I was watching Beastly the other night (yes I still like to watch teen movies), and I was surprised how the general theme of the movie spoke to me. I felt called to embrace my life, which is filled with numerous blessings and to be the best me that I can be in my current situation. It was an eye-opener for me.
All throughout my life I have been an imaginative person. I had an imaginary friend when I was very young, named Bubba. In elementary school, middle school, and even high school I would often create people in my head and pretend I was them. For most of my life I have had some sort of fantasy going on inside my head. I used it, at times, to escape reality. I think people would be surprised if they knew how many times I was pretending to be someone else when they were talking to me.
Recently I have started writing, and I am thankful that I have the imagination I have because it has helped me to develop characters and storylines. I was letting myself slip into a dangerous place though. I started thinking about what would happen if I actually got my book published. What if my middle school youth are right and it becomes a movie? Would I be rich? What would I do with all my money? Where would I live? What cool places would I visit? These thoughts started to swarm my brain like a pack of greedy bees. I started to get nervous about being published, and I wanted all the things I started dreaming about.
I am so relieved that God spoke to me through a movie like Beastly. I am truly, incredibly blessed. I have a daughter who has the most gorgeous smile and a laugh that fills me with joy. I have a patient and silly husband who is constantly making me laugh. I could go on and on about all the blessings in my life. I can’t believe I let those thoughts about a new life consume me for as long as I did. Thank you, Lord and thank you, Beastly. I am embracing the life I have and I hope to live it well and help others along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment