Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A BIKE break...

This is day two this week of no biking with Ellie.  I caught some sort of virus over the weekend and still have a lot of congestion in my chest.  It isn’t like the commute is very long, but I didn’t want to be coughing while trying to pedal.  We also were running a bit late today or else I probably would have tried the bike today.  Ellie was adorable both mornings because she kept yelling “bike, bike” from the backseat of the car.  I responded, “I know, we aren’t on the bike.  We’ll take it tomorrow.”  Monday I lied…
I have to say that I missed the ride yesterday and today.  It is a nice way to de-stress after a day at work.  The only stressful part to our ride is still crossing Slaughter.  I find that my mind is clearer when I can feel the wind on my face.  Ellie and I even said a little prayer last Thursday for the kids waiting for the bus.  I take notice more of the things around me while on the bike, and I try to remember to thank God for His many blessings.   I hope to be back on the bike tomorrow.  Thursday it looks like we may get rain, but its Austin so we probably won’t see a drop.  Thank you for tuning into Bicycling Incidents with Kim and Ellie.  It is fun for me to share my adventures with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment